Sunday, January 10, 2010

Following the Trend

I (Christopher) will also be posting here on a regular basis. I will be starting a series titled, "The Hermeneutics and Philosophy of Father Brown." Father Brown being the character of the remarkable short stories written by G.K. Chesterton. While the stories are mysteries, they, at the same time, provide philosophical arguments which strike at the very core of our presuppositions. This idea was sparked by reading an article on The Chicago Statement on Biblical Hermeneutics by Iain Provan ("How can I understand unless someone explains it to me?" (Acts 8:30-31): Evangelicals and Biblical Hermeneutics." Bulletin of Biblical Research 17.1 (2008): 1-36; esp. 23-24.) I hope that you find this interesting and challenging.

I will also be posting items relating to Biblical Translation and Interpretation.

No comments: